http://rodpriceadventure.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://rodpriceadventure.com/motivational-speaking/ Did you know that there’s a hidden job market? The good news is that the hidden job market is much larger than the advertised job market. And the bad news? Most job seekers do not know about this job market; so, they don’t look for these non-advertised jobs and few people apply for them. If you’re currently searching for a job, what’s bad news for the majority of job seekers is great news for you!
go The hidden job market is much larger than the advertised job market. A whopping 80% of all jobs are filled without employer advertising.
Most job seekers are looking for jobs in newspaper classifieds, job fairs and job sites online. As you probably already know, the competition is intense for any job being advertised.
Taking the path less traveled by other job seekers… and getting creative in finding jobs in the hidden job market might help you find employment sooner rather than later.
How large is the hidden job market?
A whopping 80% of all jobs are filled without employer advertising. Job applicants get these jobs through recommendations and referrals from associates, family or friends of employers as well as company employees, vendors or some other company-associated contacts.
How do you find out about these hidden jobs… or even better, how do you get recommendations and referrals from employer contacts or company-associated contacts?
If you’re thinking of networking, you’re right! If you can comfortably and effectively network with others, then you can easily use your networking skills to find these non-advertised jobs. Hopefully, you can also get recommendations and referrals.
If you don’t have good networking skills, check out this link: Networking to Reach Employers In the Hidden Job Market. You can get some tips that can help you improve your networking skills for job hunting.
Check out these links about job hunting and the hidden job market:
- What Is the Hidden Job Market and Where Can You Find It
- Step-By-Step Plan For Finding Jobs That Are Never Advertised
- Quiz: Is the Hidden Job Market Going to Work For You?
- Success Tips For the Hidden Job Market – This includes scripts on what you can say when you approach employers, tips on what to do if you get voicemail, etc.
- How to Research Your Target Companies
- Job Hunting Tips For Students, New Graduates and Other Job Hunters
- Job Hunting Resources On the Internet
- Top Jobs and Careers For Various College Majors – Find out what jobs are great for history, geology, math, engineering, sociology, english, art and other college majors.
The hidden job market is much larger than the advertised job market. By applying for these non-advertised jobs hidden from most job-seekers, you can have a greater chance of finding a job you like and getting hired.