Thank you for your interest in writing for YouRockYouCare.com!
You Rock You Care is a community of like-minded people who want to connect and share simple ways to do well while doing good. So, we can live a happier, healthier and richer, more meaningful life.
Submission Guidelines For Writers
You Rock You Care offers stressed out and time-starved family caregivers simple ways to live their best life… in spite of the challenges.
You can write about the following topics:
You can write about motivation, inspiration, family, relationships, mindfulness, stress management, time management, living a simple life, self-improvement, self-help, career and job satisfaction, job burnout, making a difference, health and wellness as well as simple ways to bring more peace, love, joy and happiness into your life.
You can write about simple ways to do well while doing good. So, family caregivers and other people can live a happier, healthier and richer, more meaningful life.
- You can share your personal story and your struggles. You can help other people who are dealing with similar problems by sharing your tips on how to overcome challenges and deal with issues.
- If you’re a psychologist, psychiatrist, physician, nurse, life coach or health and wellness professional, you can share your expertise about self-improvement, self-help and other issues related to happiness, health and wellness.
- If you’re writer or blogger, you can differentiate your article or post from others already on the Web. A simple way to do this is to target a specific group of people as the focus of your article or post; for example, write about busy caregivers, moms, single parents, boomers, seniors, etc.
Submit An Original Article or Post That Can Be Used Exclusively At You Rock You Care
- Keep your post between 400-1500 words or longer.
- You can include links to credible third-party sources where appropriate. However, spammy articles or posts with many links pointing to your website, blog, products and services will be REJECTED.
- Your resource box or byline should include a sentence or two explaining who you are and what you do. It can include information about your company or organization as well as self-promotion links to your website, blog, seminar or workshop, products or services. Your resource box or byline will appear at the bottom of your article or post. We’ll also include this sentence at the top of the post: This is a guest post from [Your Name] of [your main link].
- Your article text or images must NOT infringe on any copyright laws.
- Articles or images which are discriminatory, libelous, slanderous or hateful in any way will be REJECTED.
- You must have permission to use someone else’s image(s) — these images must contain artist attribution and link.
- You can use pictures you’ve taken yourself or images you created.
- You can use royalty-free images from iStockphoto.com.
- You can use pictures and images from Flickr.com which are Creative Commons-licensed content. Click here to search for Creative Commons-licensed content for adaptation, modification or building upon.
- If you need more information, here’s a step-by-step guide on finding and using Creative Commons-licensed content on Flickr.
How to Submit Your Article or Post
Submit your article/post proposal. Once accepted, please send us a word document.
You can email your post/article to submission(at)yourockyoucare.com. Write “Article Submission” as the subject line. Just cut and paste your article and email it. Don’t forget to include the title of your article and resource box.
Spammy articles or posts with many links pointing to your website, blog, products or services will be REJECTED and deleted. If you keep spamming this site, you will be banned and blocked.
- Carefully edit and proofread before you submit your post/article.
- Attach any images that are part of the post. If you don’t attach an image with your article or post, we will create one for you. We may also replace your image or add additional images to your article or post.
- We reserve the right to edit your article or post for greater clarity, grammar, punctuation, etc. We may edit your title to make it more SEO-friendly; this can help you rank better on Google and other search engines as well as generate more traffic. We may re-format your article – use bold, bullet points or numbers – to make it easier to read.
Your article or post may be featured on YouRockYouCare.com, included in emailed updates shared with members or included in free compilation ebooks with your links intact. It may also be shared on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or other social media platforms.
It may be a week or more before you receive a response to your emailed submission, but we respond to everyone who submits.
Thank you for sharing your article and blog post! We look forward to working with you.