“Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.” ~Maya Angelou
Anger is a powerful emotion and can destroy many relationships. Chronic anger can be harmful to your health. So, anger management techniques can help you avoid risking your health and relationships.
There are various causes of anger. Some of the most common causes include disappointment, hurt, frustration and annoyance. Chronic anger can be harmful to your health. So, anger management techniques can help lower your health risk.
Anger is a powerful emotion. Angry people can be as terrifying as dealing with a wild animal. Out-of-control anger can destroy many relationships. Chronic anger can also be harmful to your health.
Prior to overcoming anger and its effects, it very important to have adequate information regarding this emotion. There are various causes of anger. Some of the most common causes include disappointment, hurt, frustration and annoyance.
9 Anger Management Techniques
- It is important to take time out whenever anger sets in
- Once calm, express the anger positively
- Carefully think before speaking
- Make use of “I” statements; for example, I feel, I’m hurt, I am frustrated.
- Humor comes in handy in tense moments; so, use it while expressing anger and release the tension
- Practice effective communication and relaxation skills
- Exercise and practice listening skills
- Keenly evaluate the main cause of the anger and effectively address it
- Closely monitor the triggers and signs of anger
It is essential to understand the real emotion behind your anger. You need to use and apply the tips that fit your situation well.
There is no doubt that keeping your anger in check can be quite challenging. Anger management is a skill that needs practice day in day out. It might be a tricky but with focus, determination and discipline, you can be successful in controlling your anger.