Many people die with their music still in them. Why is this so? Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
Sadly, this happens a lot — too many people are slowly dying with their music still in them. Work, family responsibilities and other stuff of day-to-day living get in the way of “releasing their music” and developing their talent.
They spend hours watching television, posting on social media or surfing the Internet, but they don’t have time for themselves. So, they don’t pursue their passion. They don’t celebrate who they are.
Self-expression and self-actualization are vital for your happiness and your health. You can probably delay gratification and neglect your needs for a while. However, total suppression of your essential self can deplete your soul.
True happiness doesn’t happen by chance. You need to choose happiness and bring joy into your life. You need to pursue your passion and celebrate who you are.
So, make time to be happy. Do the things you love. Feed your soul. If not, you’re just existing and not really living your life to the fullest.
I heard this on a radio program one morning and it really hit me…
The richest places in the world are the cemeteries. Why?
These are the places where the greatest ideas for business, science and technology — which could have changed the world — are buried. These are the places where amazing music, art, poetry and other beautiful things — which could have healed and given so much joy to millions of people — are buried.
These talents and skills never had a chance to be shared with the world. How tragic!
How do you keep this from happening to you?
If you have special talents or skills, find a way to nurture them. Life is way too short. Do it now!
There so many things you can do to pursue your passion online and offline. You can take baby steps to get started:
* Do you love to sing? You can create a video of yourself singing and share it with others online. You can also sing in a local karaoke place or participate in a local talent show in your area. If you want to sell your music, you can use “self-publishing” or do-it-yourself tools to create a CD, DVD or mp3 of your music.
* Do you love photography? You can take photographs and share it with others online.
* Do you enjoy making people laugh? You can create a video of your jokes and share it with others online. You can also participate in a local Comedy Night show in your area. If you want to make money from your jokes, you can use “self-publishing” or do-it-yourself tools to create a CD, DVD or mp3 of your comedy routine.
* Do you love to dance? You can create a video of yourself dancing and share it with others online. You can also perform for local Community Centers or participate in local dance contests. If you’re super-talented, you can audition for dance groups and performances.
* Are you dreaming about writing a book or a novel? You can get started by joining a writing group online. Participate in discussions about writing a book or novel. Learn the best way to develop your ideas and get published. When you’re ready, you can take action and self-publish your own books.
You can blog about what you’re trying to accomplish and get some ideas or help from others.
By expressing yourself as well as experiencing and enjoying your special gifts, you can make a difference in your own life. You can pursue your passion, find more meaning and bring more happiness into your life.
What’s even better is using your talents or skills for a higher purpose — you can make a difference in the lives of others.
You can use your talents or skills to raise awareness or raise funds for schools and other non-profits.